Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Victims of a terrorist attack...

One Sunday afternoon, my roommate Melissa and I were innocently preparing lunch when literal HELL broke loose. Melissa opened the oven, took out the pan, placed it on the stove top, took two steps backwards and BAM!

The 13x9 Pyrex pan we used LITERALLY exploded all over our kitchen! I was a few feet away when I witnessed the BOMB "x-men" around Melissa and she came out unscathed. Though I was walking around with a very small but prominent piece of glass in my foot for a week, the worst part about it all was that the food was unsalvagable. Another interesting thing is that APPARENTLY this "explosion" of Pyrex pans is actually not all that uncommon in the 13x9 pans! WARNING: Unless you would like to DIE, I suggest you NEVER use a 13x9 Pyrex pan again in your life. Here is the proof: (Please note the title of the article. It's so dramatic it's inspiring.) http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/03/pyrex_panic.html May God speed as you all prepare your next dish...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have heard of that happening before, but luckily it has never happened to me. Although last year I walked around for a week before I discovered a half-inch-long piece of porcelain dish was stuck straight into my foot. That was fun.

I miss you.

Emily and Aaron Carter said...

I am still scarred from when I was like 12 and making Matt and his friends dinner when the pyrex pan exploded in the oven. Of course the food was ruined and Matt's friends made fun of me relentlessly, despite the fact I was trying to make them food! I'm glad to know I didn't do anything wrong.

Mindy said...

I'm very impressed with your blog lately Michelle. These posts are entertaining, I can't believe they can just explode like that!! That's terrifying.


I'm proud of you.

Brittany said...

Michelle!!! I didn't know you have a blog. How exciting. I love finding new blogs. How are you?

Jordan and Candice said...

Michelle you are so brave. What a terrifying experience. I am really glad that the only glass dish I moved to New York was a 13x9 baking dish.

Rachel U said...

i am obsessed with you. hahaha this is so scary!!!

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

Michelle... how have I lived my life so long with out reading your blog? These bring back memories of when you made a cake for one of our church activities and you referred to it as a "land slide". I am soooooooooo happy to have found you!